Tuesday 15 October 2013

Birthday cupcakes

 
I have some birthday card ideas to share with you today using a range of stamps from Hobby Art.
 
I started by stamping the cupcake image onto smooth white card and lilac spotty paper. The cupcake stamp is part of the Hobby Art's Cakes stamp set.  I used a Tuxedo Black Memento ink pad to stamp the image. I coloured the leaves and cake sections on the image stamped with ProMarkers.


I cut the flowers and cupcake case out of the lilac spotty paper and attached it to the coloured image, as shown below. I stamped the birthday sentiment below the cupcake image. The sentiment is from Hobby Art's Floral Sketch stamp set.

 
I stamped the faux stitching along the edges of the cupcake image and the square card blank. The stitching is from Hobby Art's Decorative Background stamp set. I then attached a square of lilac spotty paper and the cupcake image to the card blank. To finish I added Stickles.
 
I then made the cards again but using kraft and blue gingham paper instead of the lilac spotty paper.


I think this card works in any colour. By using brown or dark colours I think you could easily send this card to men, as everyone loves yummy cupcakes!


No comments: