Wednesday, 20 May 2015

PaperArtsy blog challenge #9 Words

This is my card for the PaperArtsy blog challenge #9 Words. I have taken inspiration from Eternal Star {by Alison Hall}- I have used words stamps in the background and Fresco Finish paint background which I have stamped onto.

To make my card I started with the background. I cut a square of white cards and stamped words from Jofy Collections 11 and 14, in Frayed Burlap and Tumbled Glass Distres ink pads.

Onto this I stamped the flower branches from Jofy Collection 14 stamp set with a Walnut Stain as shown below.

Onto white cards I painted panels as shown below. I used Bora Bora, Ice Blue, Pumpkin Soup, Cheesecake and Mocha Mousse Fresco Finish paints.

I stamped flowers from Jofy Collections 11 and 14 onto the background and painted panels with a Jet Black Achival ink pad as shown below. Onto the brown painted panel I also stamped words across the flowers with Potted Soil Achival ink pad.

I attached the white background panel onto a 7x7" kraft card blank. I cut out the flower heads and attached them onto the card. To finish I highlighted some of the details with Fresco Finish paints.

Friday, 1 May 2015

Craft Stamper May blog challenge - DT card

A new challenge starts today on the Craft Stamper blog. The theme of this month's challenge is Take a Stamp: Anything goes.

This is my DT project. I have used a selection of Jofy stamps from PaperArtsy for the project. The rectangle frame is by Tando.

To make my project I started to painting my frame with a layer of PaperArtsy French Roast Fresco Finish paint. Once dry I painted on a thick layer of Deco Art White Crackle Paint.

This is a close-up of the crackle finish once dry.

I them stamped a selection of Jofy stamps onto PaperArtsy Smoothy Heavy Weight 340gsm white stamping card using Tuxedo Black Memento ink pad. I used Jofy Collection sets 11 and 24. I them coloured the stamped images with Copics. The colours I used are shown below.

I attached the flower and mushroom strip behind the frame. For the large side flowers I stamp the additional header section as shown below. I coloured and cut out the flower heads.

I attached the flowerheads onto the sides of the frame. I added the additional layers with foam pads as shown below. I stamp 'Bloom' word from the Jofy 11 stamp set and attached this to the frame. To finish I added Glossy Accents and Star Dust Stickles.

For more details about the challenge, to enter or see more of the DT projects, please visit the Craft Stamper blog