Sunday 16 June 2013

Happy Father's Day


Happy Father's Day! This is a Father's Day card I made using the cute little 'A Little Gnome' and 'Fishy Wishes' clear stamps both from Woodware. They are such cute stamps that I just had to given them a home as soon as I saw them.

I am entering my card into Lisa B. Designs Blog Challenge. The theme is Those Magnificent Men.

 
I started by stamping the gnome of the left with a Memento ink pad onto smooth white card. I also stamped the image onto a post-it note and cut round it to form a mask which I placed over the image. I them stamped the gnome on the right slightly over the first image. I them removed the mask so the gnome on the right looked behind the first. I used ProMarkers to colour the stamped images.
 
I cut out the coloured image. To do this I drew a rectangle in pencil around the gnomes. It was slight narrower than the image so when I cut around the image some of the gnome edges were over the sides of the rectangle.
 
I mounted the coloured image onto panels of dark blue and spotty paper. I added a die cut sentiment from Craftwork Cards and a strip of ribbon before attaching the image to the card. To finish I added small black dots around the edge and gold Dimension Pearls to the centre of the flowers.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Such a great card, love the little gnomes. Thanks for entering it into the Lisa B Designs challenge & good luck.

rachel said...

This is wonderful georgina. Such cute gnomes xx