Tuesday 30 July 2013

Riley

 

This is my card for this month's The Artistic Stamper Creative Team blog. The theme is Ladies Day.

The stamps I used for this card are Botanical 3 by The Artistic Stamper and Riley Mixed Media Doll from Prima which is also available from The Artistic Stamper.

I started by stamping Riley onto smooth white card using a Tuxedo Black Memento ink pad. I coloured her with ProMarkers and Copics. I cut around the edge leaving a white border.


I stamped the skirt section again. Onto the skirt I stamped the small rose from the Botanical 3 stamp set. I used a Pine Needles Distress pen and a pink brush pen to colour directly onto the stamp and then I stamped the rose onto the skirt. I cut the skirt out and attached it to the complete doll with foam pads.


For the background I cut a large square of kraft card. I distressed the edges on the kraft card with scissors before attaching it to the card. For the rose patterned panel I cut a square of white card. I added Old Paper and Frayed Burlap Distress ink with a blending tool to the edge of the white square. I stamped the small rose stamp with Old Paper Distress ink pad all over the square.

 
I stamped a selection of rose. Again I used a Pine Needles Distress pen and a pink brush pen to colour directly onto the stamp before stamping it onto smooth white card. I cut out all the roses and attached them to the card with the sentiment. Then sentiment is also part of the Botanical 3 stamp set.
 
I added Star Dust Stickles to Riley and Glossy Accents to her shoes. To finish the card I added dark pink faux pearls and faux stitching.
 

1 comment:

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

This is gorgeous and thank you for entering the challenge this month at The Artistic Stamper :)