Tuesday 22 October 2013

Sunflowers

I have three cards to share with you today. These were sample cards I make for Hobby Art's shows on Create and Craft yesterday. They all feature the lovely new Sunflowers stamp set from Hobby Art. The birthday sentiment is from Hobby Art's Birthday Collection stamp set.
 
 
For my first card I started by stamping the square scene panel and a single sunflower. I stamped the elements with a Tuxedo Black Memento ink pad. I coloured the image with a mixture of ProMarkers and Copics. On a square kraft card black I stamped the sentiment and single sunflower heads with Walnut stain and Frayed Burlap Distress ink pads.

 
I attached the coloured image scene to the card.  I cut a square frame from brown card. I added this and the single sunflower with foam pads. To finish I stamped, coloured and cut out a butterfly. I added this to the top right corner of the card.
 
For my second card, I stamped and coloured three image panels. The scene joins up if the three image panels were placed together. I coloured the images with ProMarkers and Copics. I mounted the coloured images onto panels of brown card.

 
I stamped a script background stamp all over a DL kraft card blank with a Walnut Stain Distress ink pad. The script stamp is from Hobby Art's Decorative Background stamp set. It a lovely script design and ideal for a subtle background on a card or project.
 
For my final card today I used a 5x7" kraft card blank as the base. I cut panels of white and brown card. I stamped a different images onto each piece of white card. I again coloured the images with ProMarkers and Copics. To finish the card I stamped, coloured and cut out a single sunflower head with I added to the sentiment panel.


2 comments:

Carol S. said...

Saw these cards on C&C today. All stunning cards. Love Jenny's stamps. She comes to the Craft Barn where I used to be a tutor, to demomstrate. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards!