Tuesday 8 July 2014

Cupcake Blueprint

I have a 30th Birthday card to share with you today. I used Tim Holtz Birthday Blueprint stamp set for the main cupcake image. It's a great celebration stamp set and ideal for men and women, as well as all ages. The number and sentiment stamps are both from The Artistic Stamper.


To make this card I started by stamping the cupcake image onto light blue card and smooth white card with a Tuxedo Black Memento ink pad. I cut out the light blue stamped image and mounted it onto a piece of mid-blue card. I coloured the image that was on the white card with Copics. I cut the elements out and attached them to the other image with foam pads.
 

I cut a piece from the front of the card blank, as shown below. Down the edge of the inside of the card blank I stamped Happy Birthday. I used Katy Leitch's Greetings stamp set available from The Artistic Stamper. The 30 panel on the front I used another Katy Leitch's stamp set called Numerical plate  for the numbers.
 

I attached the cupcake image to the front of the card with foam pads. I also added a picture frame corner to the top left corner. I drew faux stitching around the edge with a white gel pen. To finish the card I added Stickles to the flame and Glossy Accents to the little Birthday tab.
 

No comments: