Sunday 4 April 2010

Happy Easter



Sometimes chocolate eggs aren't for everyone so I've made this pretty card as an alternative and it's certainly low calorie! I chose to use yellow as my main colour, as to me it's the colour of spring. The card is quite simple as I wanted the flowers to be the main focus.

This card uses two new products from DoCrafts, the Papermania rosette template and X-Cut punch. I saw these being used at recent craft demos and I just had to have them as I could see a lot of uses for them.

I cut rectangles of white and yellow paper which I mounted on top of each other. The greeting was text I printed out. On the first white layer I cut the corners with the new X-Cut fleur corner punch and emboss punch. The curve shape it cuts allows you to tuck the corners in of the next layer. I added a small dot of stickles in the centre of the embossed flower which the punch also produced. I added stitching with a white and green Sakura pens. The card blank is my Craftwork Cards.



The daisy flowerheads were made using the Papermania rosette template. The template creates a large rosette but I wanted to use the template to create a smaller daisies. I drew around the template onto a piece of white paper. I reduced this on a photocopied to three different sizes which I then cut out and stuck together using the instructions on the template. I cut the centre yellows circles with Nestabilities and added texture with a Cuttlebug embossing folder. To finish I added crystal Stickles to the yellow centres.

Happy Easter everyone.

No comments: