Saturday 17 April 2010

LOTV challenge card



This is my card for this weeks Lili of the Valley sketch challenge.
http://liliofthevalleythursdaychallenge.blogspot.com/

Since my last post I've reached 1,000 hits on my blog. I was very happy to see my counter go over 1,000. I didn't think that was too bad as I only started blogging this year. Thanks to all my visitors!

Back to my card for today. For the challenge I chose to use another one of my new purchases from Ally Pally last week. The stamp is Thistledown Fairy by Lili of the Valley, www.liliofthevalley.co.uk/

I stamped the whole fairy image twice using Memento ink pad. I also stamped the flowers a few times more as I wanted to use them for the background. I coloured in the fairy and flowers with ProMarkers. I added highlights with Sakura gold and glitter pens. I cut out one of the fairy image and a scalloped frame with Nestabilities. Where the image was cut off I cut out these sections from the second fairy image and attached them to the original fairy image.



I cut a large square of the dark green card. This was the same colour that I used for the scalloped frame. Onto this I mounted a square of white paper. I cut out more of the little flowers and attached these to the white square with double sided tape.



I added a strip of dark pink ribbon across the card and attached it behind the green square. I printed a greeting which I mounted on gold card and then onto the card.

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Hi Georgina, this is such a beautiful card, all that lovely detail must have taken you so long. I'm sure the recipient will love it!
Linds xx

Cherie said...

Hello Georgina, I love your card it's so delicate and the colouring is gorgeous.I noticed we started blogging at the same time. If you would like a new blogging friend pop over and say hello, the kettles on!!
Love Cherie

Pop's Cards said...

This is gorgeous honey, you have done a fab job with the sketch, love the sweet image and fab colours too, thanks for joining us at "Lili of the Valley" this week big hugs Pops x x x

Daisychain said...

What a fabulous card and a great take on the sketch. I love the way you have scattered the flowers around. Thanks for joining us at LOTV this time.

Hugs Christine x