Thursday 10 May 2012

Pirate Bear


I am entering this card into the following challenges
Lili's Little Fairies blog challenge. The theme is use 'Your Favourite Craft Tool'. I have used Spellbinders dies on this card. And
Divas by Design blog challenge. The theme is 'One for the boys'.

The stamp I used on this card is Pirate Bear by Lili of the Valley. I coloured the stamped image with ProMarkers. I used Spellbinders Labels dies for the blue and kraft frame. I also drew round the inside of the die to cut out the coloured image so it would layer exactly onto the other frames. I punched holes in the frames and threaded through a long strip of ribbon.


For the background I cut a square of dark blue card and gingham paper. Onto this I added the coloured image and attached the ribbon ends behind the dark blue card square. I added this all onto a card blank. I used by Cricut to cut out the letters. I added punched photo corners and die cut stars to the card. To finish I added faux stitching.

5 comments:

Julie Brooks said...

Absolutely beautiful. Good luck with the challenges!

Carol S. said...

Hi Georgina, Another gorgeous card with LOTV stamp. It's coloured beautifully and love the faux stitched edge. Hugs, Carol S.xx

mags said...

Beautiful card. The image is gorgeous and love the colour combo and layout.
mags
x

Unknown said...

Georgina Ryan will love this what a fantastic card I love this one
Hugs Elaine
WELL DONE !

Jayne A said...

Fabulous card.
Thanks for joining us this week at Diva's by Design.
Hugs
Jayne
x