Tuesday 23 March 2010

Patchwork Tilda



This is the card I'm entering into DoCrafts website Tilda Challenge. The theme of this weeks challenge is patchwork.

I used my new 'Tilda with bike' stamp for this card. She was stamped with Memento ink pad and coloured in with ProMarkers. I added a light green and blue background for grass and sky. This was coloured in with colour pencils. I added Glossy Accent to the bunch of flowers and her hair bands to finish. She was mounted on a cream backing paper. When I cut cream background out I made sure the height of the stamped image was in proportion with the width. This made the square patchwork easier to make work. The height was three 35mm squares and the width two 35mm squares.



For the background I cut out 35mm squares of various patterned papers. The paper are mostly from Forever Friends, Stampin'Up and Laura Ashley. I drew a 35mm square grid on the white card base. I them stuck double sided tape along the lines. This made attaching the patchwork a lot quicker than sticking tape onto each square. Once all the squares were attached I drew stitching with a Letraset black fine liner. To finish I added a pink bow and a greeting by Craftwork Cards.

No comments: