Wednesday 15 September 2010

The Night Owl



These are two cards I've made using a new stamp by Little Claire Designs called 'Night Owl'.

I used a Memento ink pad to stamp the owl designs for both cards. I coloured in the images ProMarkers. The scalloped edge frames were cut using Nestabilities. Both greeting with cut using my Cricut. To finish both cards I added Stickles and Glossy Accents to their eyes.



For this card I cut the card blank from Stampin' Up Kraft card. I cut a strip 275x105mm which I scored and then folded in half. I punch the scalloped edge of the card and a white strip of card with Stampin' Up Scalloped edge punch. The small holes were done using a screw punch. I made the button from small circles of card which I punched small holes in.



For the second card I cut a square of dark blue card for the background onto this I added patterned paper from DCWV. I punched holes through these squares and I threaded ribbon threw. I tied a bow to the ribbon. I finished by added white dots with a white Papermania pen.



How about making your own background paper? This stamp looks lovely when stamped used as I repeating pattern. You could colour it in or even stamp in white on a coloured paper.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous cards and I love your backing paper. Mary x

Louise said...

Wow, Georgina, what lovely cards and what a FABULOUS idea to make your own backing paper with the stamp xx

coops said...

2 gorgeous cards georgina.those little owls are fab and i love your cards and your backing paper is great :D

xx coops xx

Helen said...

Great cards and that backing paper is a really good idea.

Helen x