Friday 29 November 2013

Bird Song and Owls

I have four Bird themed cards to share with you today. These were sample cards I made for Hobby Art's recent show on Create and Craft.
 
My first two cards uses the lovely Bird Song stamp set. For both cards I started by lightly distress the edge of the card blanks with Tumbled Glass and Stormy Sky Distress Ink pads. I then stamped the bird images with Tuxedo Black Memento ink pad. I made sure the ink was completely dry before colouring the bird images. The sentiment for the first card is included in the Bird Song stamp set.
 
 
I used various Distress inks to colour the bird images. This gave me a lovely watercolour effect. I stamped the ink pad directly onto an acrylic block and then added a little water. I then applied the ink to the card with a paintbrush. The sentiment for my second card, below, is from Hobby Art's Inspirations stamp set. To finish both the Bird Song cards I then added gold and clear Wink of Stella.

 
My second two cards for today use the cute Owls stamp set from Hobby Art. I used the Inspirations stamp set for the sentiments on both cards too.
 
For by first Owl card, I stamped the owl, branch and sentiment image onto a lightly Distressed blue square of card. I then stamped the Owl image three more times. I coloured all the stamped image with Copics. I cut out sections from the Owl image and added it to the square with foam pads. I then added the coloured image and a die cut square to a kraft card blank. The die I used for the square is Spellbinders Fleur de Lis. To finish I added faux stitching and Glossy Accents to the eyes and beak.

 
For the final card for today I used the Owl stamp set again.  I stamped the Owls, branches, sentiment and items hanging from the branches with a Tuxedo Black Memento ink pad. I coloured the images with Copics. I added the coloured image to a panel of dark brown card before attaching to the card blank. To finish I added Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents to the eyes.


No comments: