Monday 11 November 2013

Festive Gelli Plate

I have finally started to get on with making my Christmas cards. I made these cards with background I printed using my new Gelli Plate. I printed these following a recent workshop I went on run by Jennie at The Artistic Stamper.
 
I started by adding Paperartsy Fresco Finish paints onto the Gelli Plate with a brayer. I then stamped the Snowflakes stamp, from The Artistic Stamper, onto the paint. This left a snowflake pattern in the paint. I then pressed the card blanks onto the Gelli Plate to print the snowflake design on the card.
 
For the first card I used  Beach Hut and Inky Pool Fresco Finish Paints for the background print. Once the card was dry I stamped single snowflakes with a VersaMark ink pad. I then heat embossed them with Opaque Bright White WOW! embossing powder. The single snowflake stamps are from The Artistic Stamper's Modern Christmas #1 stamp set. On all the cards I added glitter to the snowflakes and sentiment for extra festive sparkle!
 

For the rest of the cards I just used Inky Pool Fresco Finish Paint for the background. For all the sentiments I stamped the sentiment onto paper I had coloured with Inky Pool paint. I then heat embossed them with the WOW! white embossing powder. The sentiment is from The Artistic Stamper's Christmas Greeting #1 stamp set.


 
For my final two cards I also added die cut snowflakes. The blue snowflakes I coloured with the Inky Pool paint to co-ordinate with the card background.
 
 

1 comment:

Beverley said...

Beautiful card, love the white and blue colour combo and all the stamped layering. Hugs Bev x