Monday 25 November 2013

Christmas Tree

Today I have a selection of Christmas cards to share with you all make using prints from my Gelli Plate. My first card below I am also entering into this months blog challenge on The Artistic Stamper Creative Team blog. The theme is Christmas. For all my cards in this blog post I have use The Artistic Stamper's Modern Christmas #1 stamp set.
 
 
To make my cards I started my printing a selection of papers on my Gelli Plate. I used Paperartsy Fresco Finish paints in Claret, Yellow Submarine and Beach Hut. The green tree paint was a mixture of Yellow Submarine and Beach Hut. I applied the paint to the Gelli Plate with a brayer. I then stamped the tree and snowflakes into the Gelli Plate paint, making sure to clear the stamp between each print. I also printed one plain blue print with no stamps stamped into it.

 
I then cut out the tree, red tub and yellow star from the printed paper. I used the blue snowflake and plain blue prints for backgrounds. This is a close-up of my first card. The sentiment stamp I used is also from the Modern Christmas #1 stamp set. I added a square of blue snowflake paper to a scallop edge card blank. I then added the tree and stamped sentiment. To finish I added black dots around the edge of the square.

 
For my second card I used a strip of the plain blue paper printed paper. I stamped black snowflakes on the paper once I had attached it to the card (not using my Gelli Plate). I used a Tuxedo Black Memento ink pad to stamp on the card. The sentiment was from the Christmas Greeting stamp set.

 
For my third and forth card I used torn strips of white paper for snowdrifts. I used the sentiment stamp for just a sentiment and also a background. I cut a squares of snowflake print paper and then attached the snowdrift strips before adding to the card blanks. I again added black dots around the edges to create a frame.




4 comments:

DannyB said...

Great tutorial! Beautiful use of colors for Christmas.

Artyjen said...

Love your colour way choice ;) Great way to make your cards just a little different too ;)
xoxo Sioux

Artyjen said...

Whoops! Meant to add thanks for playing along at The Artistic Stamper this month :)
xoxo Sioux

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Really enjoying the way you used your Gelli prints in the cards!