Wednesday 6 October 2010

The Stamp Man Challenge 6



This is my project for The Stamp Man challenge 6. The theme of the challenge was 'altered'. This type of work is something I've not done before but I'm very pleased with my finished project.

The range of stamps I used were all by Tim Holtz's.



I begun by painting a wooden frame black using acrylic paint.

The background paper was made my spritzing a sheet of thick paper with silver mica spray. Over the top I stamped the italic lettering with black ink. The 'love' centre panel, wings and spirals were all stamped with clear VersaMark ink pad. There were all heat embossed with either black, white or silver embossing powder.



I layers the stamped panels on the background with foam pads.

On the corners of the wooden frame I stamped the corner design with white craft ink by Stampin' Up.

To finish I added diamond Stickles and gems.

4 comments:

Helen said...

That looks great! The colour combination and design look really good together.

Helen x

coops said...

wow this is fantastic georgina.love the tim holtz stamps you have used and fab shimmer :)

xx coops xx

Lisa said...

Fab work, I love the silver! Thanks for joining in at The Stamp Man.

The Stamp Man said...

This is lovely Georgina, I'm glad you gave altering a try, thanks for entering the altered challenge.

Jill