Sunday 20 February 2011

Birthday bear



This is my card for two challenges - Passion for ProMarkers, the theme was 'coffee and cream'. I have used a range of brown and cream colours for the card. The other challenge is I Love ProMarkers, the theme was 'paper piecing', so I used this technique for the bear's top.



I began by stamping the Penny Black bear and mouse image with a black Memento ink pad. I coloured in the images with ProMarkers. I stamped the bear's top again on light blue card. I cut this out and added it to the coloured image. I mounted the image on square of cream card.



I covered a card black with brown patterned paper from Trimcraft Sugar and Spice range. I used my Cricut to cut out the greeting and the number. I using my Stampin' Up photo corners punch to punch the corners from brown card.

I attached all the elements to the card. To finish I added faux stitching with a gold pen and highlights with a gold Sakura pen.

5 comments:

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Georgina, what a gorgeous card. I love the cute image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Gro said...

Beautiful card, Georgina. Love your image, and your colouring is great. Thanks for joining us at PfP.
Hugs :o)

Lorraine said...

Lovely. That bear is so cute. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

coops said...

gorgeous crad georgina.the image is adorable and i love your fab coffee and cream colours.
thanks for joining in with my theme this week at PFP :D

xx coops xx

katesacraftybugger said...

A really lovely card , great colours and the sentiment is Fab , it really stands out .Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.-KateX