Saturday 4 December 2010

Lots of fun

These are two cards I've made using Little Claire's December Stamp Club set. In the set you get both elephant designs. I have made a boy card and a girl card.

This is my first card. I kept to a blue 'boy' colour scheme.



To start I stamped the images with a black Memento ink pad and coloured it in with ProMarkers. I added Glossy Accents to the pond to get a water effect. I used Nestabilities to cut out the image and the dark blue frame.



For the background I cut a square panel of dark blue card. Onto this I attached a square of patterned gingham paper. Across the corners I attached strips of white ribbon. On one of the ribbon strips I threaded a white button. I drew white and black stitching around the edges. To finish I stamped the greeting, which is also part of the Stamp Club set. The elephant image was added to the card with foam pads.



This is my second card. I kept to a pink 'girl' colour scheme.



Again the image was stamped with Memento ink pad and coloured in with ProMarkers. I added Glossy Accents to the water section. I used Little Claire's large scalloped dies to cut the large gingham and pink scalloped frames.



Around the edge of the scalloped frame I punched holes using a screw-punch. Through the holes I threaded pink ribbon. In the same ribbon I tied a bow which I attached with PVA glue.

On a card blank I stamped pink flowers in pink ink. Onto the card blank I added the scalloped frames and elephant image.

6 comments:

Louise said...

Love those cards, the colours work really well x

Unknown said...

Two beautiful cards love all your detail. Mary x

martina's kaartjes said...

Funny and pretty cards,
greetings, martina
x

coops said...

gorgeous cards georgina.the images are fab and i love your colours :D

xx coops xx

MissyB said...

Hi

Both fab cards and i love that you have made a boy and girl cards.

missyb x

Heike said...

These cards are brilliant. x