Monday 21 November 2011

White, black and red



This is my card for this week's Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge Week 82. The theme is Black, White & One Other Colour.

I begun by punching the flower background panel. I cut a 5" square of white card. I punched the design using my Martha Stewart Punch All Over The Page Crochet Flower punch. I know it's not a traditional Christmas design but I felt the combination of red onto white gave quite a 'Scandinavian' feel. I attached the punch panel onto a square of red paper.



I stamped the centre greeting in black ink. The sentiment stamp is Red Gingham - Christmas Text circle sentiments available exclusively from Little Claire. I attached this onto a red and black circle cut with Nestabilities Lacey Circles dies. I added the greeting with foam pads to the centre of the card. To finish I added gems and faux stitching.

8 comments:

Wendy said...

So beautiful Georgina, love the punch work.
Wendy xx

Barbara Colbert said...

That punch work is great! Makes me want to go buy the punch!! And the red goes perfectly with black and white...nice Christmas card! Thanks for sharing with Speedy the Cat's Challenge! Good luck!

Louise said...

What a gorgeous card xx

Gaynor said...

Beautiful card...........xxGaynor

XxJULESxX said...

wow just gorgeous!!

Brenda said...

Wow what a gorgeous card!! That was a lot of punching. Thank you for playing along with us this week at Speedy The Cat's Friends Challenge.

coops said...

fantastic card georgina.really striking :D

xx coops xx

Designing with Debbie said...

Beautiful card. I love the doily look for your background paper. Thanks for playing with us here at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week.