Tuesday 22 November 2011

Igloo for two



This is my card for this week's Lili of the Valley blog challenge. The theme of the challenge is to make a Christmas card for Someone Special.

The stamp I used for the card is Lili of the Valley's 'Igloo for two'. I coloured in the stamped image with ProMarkers. I added sparkle with various Stickles and gel pens. I mounted the finished image onto panels of silver and navy card.



I covered a card blank with pale blue snowflake patterned paper.I distressed the edges using Night Of Navy Stampin' Up ink pad and cut&dry foam. Around the edge I drew faux stitching with a blue fineliner. I cut a panel of navy card to go across the card. I punched one of the edges with my Stampin' Up eyelet punch. Across the panel I added a strip of gathered Baja Blue Stampin' Up seam binding. This was then added to the card blank along with the stamped image.



I cut various sized snowflakes with my Cricut. I coloured some of them in with my Aqua ProMarker. I added diamond Stickles to the snowflakes. Once this they were dry I added them to the card. I used Red Gingham Design Christmas sentiment stamps for the greeting. These are available from Little Claire. I attached the sentiment to two circle diecut with Nestabilities Lacey Circles dies. To finish I added light blue gems.

7 comments:

maxine said...

Beautiful card

mags said...

Lovely card. This image is so adorable, and I am a sucker for a cute penguin.
Mags
x

The Little Stamper said...

Great card - I love that distressing - it really adds to the icy feel.

Sharon x

Wendy said...

This is gorgeous, such a sweet image.
Wendy xx

coops said...

gorgeous card georgina.the image is adorable :D

xx coops xx

Carol Hurlock said...

Awww now that is so darn cute I can hardly stand it. I love the way you did your ribbon. What a precious image. This is so sweet and adorable.

Bear Hugs,
Carol

Mau xx said...

So sweet, I love the image a the ribbon is superb xx