Saturday 26 June 2010

Stamp With Us Colour Challenge



This is my card for this fortnights Stamp With Us blog challenge.

The challenge was a colour challenge so I used Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie, Regal Rose, Rose Red and So Saffron card as these were most representational of the colours in the inspirational photo.



I punches all the elements of the bird out from pink and red card shades. I used So Saffron for the branches. Both these parts were punches using the two step bird punch. The small small flowers were also punched, I used Pumpkin Pie card for these. I attached punches items to a panel of white card using a Quickie Glue pen. I added gold Dimension Pearls to the centre of the flowers.

I stamped a greeting in the bottom right corner. I used the 'Thank you' stamp from the Happy Moments set. I make sure the greeting was straight and exactly where I wanted it I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig. This white panel was then attached the a panel of the red shade card.

For the bird's wing and the red frame I used either Ruby Red or Rose Red. I made four cards in total.



I cut a square of Kraft card. Along one edge I punched a scalloped edge using my Scalloped edge punch. I attached the bird panel to the card. I then added a strip of So Saffron ribbon the the Kraft card. This was then attached to a card blank. To finish I added a bow made so the So Saffron ribbon.



The cards...



Stampin' Up items used:
Card: Kraft, Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie, Regal Rose, Rose Red and So Saffron
Stamp: Happy Moments (thank you text)
Punches: two step bird punch and scalloped edge punch
Other: Stamp-a-ma-jig and So Saffron Ribbon

2 comments:

coops said...

these are really beautiful georgina, the little bird is fab and i love your ribbon and yummy colours.luv coops.(coopsclutteredcorner)xxxxx

Unknown said...

These are so gorgeous! With your talent you should consider entering the challenges over at Papercraft Star! http://www.papercraftstar.blogspot.com, they provide the challenges in advance and give away great prizes too!