Sunday 13 June 2010

Clare's weekly challenge



This is my card for Clare's Weekly Challenge on the DoCrafts website, www.docrafts.co.uk

The challenge this week was an 'inspiration challenge' from a photograph. From the photograph I took my inspiration from the subject - the flowers, and the colours - bright pink, green and gold.



I began by stamping the large flower. The stamp I used was Flowerhead by Little Claire Designs, www.littleclaire.co.uk. I stamped it with a clear VersaMark ink pad onto bright pink card. I them heat embossed the flower with gold embossing powder. I attached small beads and a sequin with Glossy Accents. I've never used Glossy Accents before as an adhesive but I was very please now well it attached the beads. It seems very strong.



I stamped the flowerhead again on Shrink Plastic. I coloured it in with a magenta ProMarker and gold Sakura pen. Once it was dry I used a head gun to shrink the flower. Even thought I used Shrink Plastic before, it still amazes me how it works.



I chose to use a square card blank. Onto this I stamped the green background pattern using the V&A Collection - V&A Quilts 1700-2010 - Wildflower Background. I stamped the greeting with a VersaMark clear ink pad and heat embossed it. I used Nestabilities to cut the white and green squares. I were mounted these onto gold card and then onto each other. I attached this to the centre of the card and them added the flowers.

1 comment:

coops said...

gorgeous card georgina, i love this flower stamp and fab papers.luv coops.xx