Monday 5 July 2010

Patchwork with bits and bobs


This is a card I made from just little leftover bits of paper. Like most (or all) crafters I can't throw away even the smallest bit of paper as you always think it might be useful.

The leftover bits (and bobs) came from a Craftwork Cards workshop I went to recently. It was a very enjoyable morning spent making cards and talking paper etc.



The patterned paper is Craftwork Cards Blossom range. I drew round a square Nestabilities to create the patchwork squares. I attached these to a large square of Stampin' Up Kraft card with double sided tape. I have inked the edges with VersaMagic gingerbread ink pad. I picked this technique up at the workshop. I'd not done it before and I now love the finished effect. Using a black Letraset fine liner pen I drew the stitching.



The flower was made using Craftwork Cards flower template. To finish I added a gold Card Candy and gold Stickles.

1 comment:

coops said...

fantastic card georgina, the patchwork effect is fab and i love the flower.luv coops.xx