Thursday 15 July 2010

Pieces of paper



This is my card for the Sunday Stamping Challenge on the DoCrafts website. The theme of this challenge was paper piecing.



I stamp the Popcorn bear image with a Memento ink pad and just coloured the bear and duck in with ProMarkers. I left the presents blank for now. I placed a rectangle template over the image and drew around it. I cut round this but I left the sections where they went over the edge of the template. I mounted this onto a section of blue card and cut round it leaving a boarder.



I stamped the presents and bow sections on a various of coloured papers. I cut these out and added them to the stamped image. I added highlight with Sakura pens.



I cut a large square of the blue card. Onto this I added a square of patterned paper. I punches hole for the ribbon using a Martha Stewart circle punch. I threading ribbon through the holes and attached a bow made for the same ribbon.

To finish I added a greeting which I cut using my Cricut.

3 comments:

Helen said...

That's a really cute image and the paper piecing is very effective.

Helen x

Anonymous said...

Such an adorable card, and I love the paper piecing. I've had a very enjoyable browse through your blog after seeing the address on docrafts, and have just signed up to be a follower. Looking forward to popping over to see your latest creations! Sally x

coops said...

great card georgina,love the popcorn bear and your paper piecing is fab.gorgeous colours too.
xx coops xx