Saturday, 24 July 2010

Passion for ProMarkers - week 61 challenge



This is my card for this week's Passion for ProMarkers challenge. The theme of this weeks challenge was to use 'distressing' on your card.

The stamps I used for this card are from the Summer Magnolia Stamp Club set.

I started by stamping Little Mermaid Tilda with a Memento ink pad. Using the masking technique I stamped the Seaweed around the Mermaid. I coloured in the image with ProMarkers. I added Stickles to the bubbles and Mermaid's tail to finish. I mounted this onto dark teal card.



I cut a large panel of the dark teal card for the main background. The circle paper is by DCWV.To keep with the distresses theme I tore the edges. Around the edges I used a sponge dauber, from Stampin' Up, and VersaFine sepia ink pad to add an aged distressed look.



I tore a strip of blue Whitewash Co'ordination paper. I screwed it up to and sanded it before adding it to the card. I stamped the Shells with VersaColor ink pad.

To finish I added a greeting by Craftwork Cards with foam pads. Around the edges of this I sponged the sepia colour.

10 comments:

Michele said...

Such a gorgeous card Georgina. Love the image you've used and the details also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

coops said...

stunning card georgina, love the tilda and the scene you have created.gorgeous colours and love the little seashells.

xx coops xx

Sue C said...

Fab card Georgina, love all your distress work. Thanks for joining us at PfP. Sue C x

TG said...

Gorgeous card Georgina.
Thanks for joining us this week at PfP, good luck.
Hugs Tracy x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Georgina, what a pretty card. Love the cute image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for sharing us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Anja's KortKreasjoner said...

Such a fun card. Thank you for joining us at PfP this week.
Hugs Anja

debs said...

Such a sweet card...love the image...
thanks for joining us at PFP...Debs x

Julie said...

Hi Georgina - this is so cute - great distressing too! Thanks for joining us at PFP this week!! Juliexx

Emma said...

Aw such a beautiful card Georgina, gorgeous colours and details.
Thanks for joining us at PFP and good luck.
Hugs Emma x
www.craftyemmasstore.co.uk

Andie's Space said...

Hi Georgina,
This is gorgeous. Your colouring looks fabs & those aqua tones are so pretty. The distressing & detail looks fab. Thanks for joining us at PFP.
Hugs,
Andie xx