Sunday 11 July 2010

Something completely different



Yes something completely different from me today. A card without a ProMarker in sight and it's distressed. I think the sun must have got to me!

This is the card I'm entering into Clare's weekly challenge on the DoCrafts website. This weeks challenge was an inspiration challenge. From the photo I used the colour (turquoise, brown and white) and a distressed old look.



I started by stamping the Hydrangea image onto white card. I coloured the flower section with a turquoise Versacolour ink pad and the leaf section green Versacolour ink pad. I heat embossing it with clear embossing powder. The stamp is my Papermania.



I cut a large panel of turquoise card for the background. I used Stampin' Up 'En Francais' large stamp to stamp the word with a black Versafine ink pad. Around the edge of this panel and the flower image I used a sponge dauber and a sepia Versafine ink pad to add the distressed, aged look.

I attached two pieces of linen thread from Stampin' Up across the card. I stamped the tags using Stampin' Up Tiny Tag stamps and punched them out using their Medium Jewelry Tag punch. I tied the tags onto the thread.

I attached the flower panel onto the card with foam pads.

2 comments:

coops said...

oh this is stunning georgina,the image is gorgeous and i love the distressing and fab colours.
xx coops xx

Helen said...

This looks really effective - beautiful card.

Helen x