Wednesday 18 August 2010

A rose is a rose

I have a new blog badge! I was voted Top Three on the I Love ProMarkers blog today. I also won Clare's Weekly Challenge on the DoCrafts website yesterday.Yippee!



My card for today is the Friendship card I made for the August swap on the DoCrafts website. I made it for my swap partner Linda. I received a lovely card from Linda today, thank you Linda.



The stamp set I used for the card is 'A rose is a rose' by Stampin' Up. I have been looking at this stamp in the catalogue for months and I finally deiced to buy it, and I'm so glad I did! The green and dark red colours are also ink pads by Stampin' Up - Old Olive and the new Rich Razzelberry. They are gorgeous colours.

I cut a panel of pink and white for the backgrounds. The scalloped edge was punched using Stampin' Up scalloped edge punch.

I stamped each part of the flowers and leaves separately on smooth white card and cut them out. As the stamp set is a two-part set I used a Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up each part correctly. Each part was added to the card blank to build up the rose corner.



I added a strip of Rich Razzelberry ribbon across the card. I cut ou the letters using my Cricut 'George basics' cartridge. To finish I added a stamped flower to the bottom corner.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Let me be the first to say.... its beautiful! I was the lucky recipient of this lovely card. Thank You Georgina xx

Helen said...

Beautiful card and congratulations on your win too!

Helen x

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi Georgina, well done you on your top 3! Love your card, those SU roses are just beautiful. Great colours. Looks like your friend Linda loved her card, hugs Heidi xx