Tuesday 31 August 2010

The Stamp Man Challenge 4



This is my card for The Stamp Man challenge 4. The theme of the challenge was 'musical'. I thought the ideal set of stamps to use for parts of this card was Aspects of Design 60 Classical Instruments by The Stamp Man.



I begun by creating the stamped background. I cut a square of smooth cream coloured card. I stamped the music design on this using a sepia VersaFine ink pad. This stamp isn't part of the Classical Instruments stamp set. I cut the edges using a pair of patterned edge Fiskar scissors. I distressed the edges using the sepia ink pad and a sponge dauber by Stampin' Up.



I stamped the violin image using the sepia ink pad. The stamp is from the Classical Instruments set. I cut this and the brown background panel out using the patterned scissors. I added both parts to the card with double side tape.



The greeting and musical notes are part of the Classical Instruments set. I stamped two strips of the cream card with the musical notes and the musical stamp I used for the background. I used the patterned scissors again and then distressed the edges. I layers all the part up on the card.

4 comments:

coops said...

stunning card georgina.i love the stamps you have used and the sepia colours.

xx coops xx

Helen said...

I love the way you've put this together - it looks very elegant.

Helen x

Cazro said...

This is a lovely collage of musical stamps, Love the Sepia ink.

Kay Carley said...

Hi Georgina. I love the fact that you have created the whole card yourself - it looks great! Thanks so much for entering it into The Stamp Man's Challenge :)