Wednesday 11 May 2011

The Stamp Man Challenge 22



This is my card for this week's The Stamp Man blog challenge. The theme of this week's challenge is 'Poppies'.



I begun by stamping the poppy image and the greeting with a black Memento ink pad. The stamps I used was from the 'A Little Bit Sketchy' stamp range by Sheena Douglass. The set I used is 'Poppies and Daisies'. I coloured in the image with ProMarkers. I added a distressed edge with sponge daupers and Stampin' Up Chocolate Chips and So Saffron ink pads. I mounted the image onto a panel of brown card. The greeting and border were cut with Nestabilities. I added brass brads and the panel was attached to the card with foam pads.



I stamped the poppy image onto a dark red panel of card with Chocolate Chip ink pad. again I distressed the edges. I added brown ribbon and a bow.

I chose to use a Kraft card and envelope for this card. These are from Papermania. I stamped the poppy image all over the front of a card blank and also on the front of the envelope with a Stampin' Up Crumb Cake ink pad. To finish I added all the panels to the front of the card.

5 comments:

coops said...

fantastic card georgina.the image is stunning ;D

xx coops xx

Brenda Brown said...

What a great image you have inked up Georgina and made it into a fabulous card. I love the background stamping too, it adds real depth.
Thanks for sharing it with us at the Stamp Man and for entering Janet's 'Poppies' challenge.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Neil said...

Beautiful card. The colours are fab. Thanks for joining us for The Stamp Man poppy challenge!

Zoechaos said...

You have made a lovely card here and given that stamp such a stunning finish. XOXO Zoe

Unknown said...

Really beautiful I love how you have carried the design right the way through to the envelope - stunning! Thanks for playing along with my Poppy challenge at The Stamp Man x Janet