Friday 25 January 2013

Roses...

 
This is my card for The Artistic Stamper blog challenge. The theme of the challenge is to use your favourite stamp. The stamp set I have used for this card is the beautiful Botanical 3 stamp set from The Artistic Stamper. I just love the large rose stamp from the Botanical 3 set. I used the stamp to create the rose background.
 
 
I used a Night of Navy ink pad and Old Olive marker pen both from Stampin' Up to colour the large rose stamp. I stamped the image onto cream card to create the background pattern for my card. I used a blending tool with the Night of Navy and Baja Blue ink pads to add the distresses edges.
 
 
For the sentiment I used The Artistic Stamper's Journaling Words #1 Love stamp. I stamped this in blue and cut it out. I die cut two label shapes with Spellbinders Nestabilities. I added two holes and threaded ribbon through the labels before adding to the patterned background.
 
I attached the patterned panel onto a square card covered with cream card. I stamped a smaller rose and added this and the sentiment with foam pads. To finish I added a cream faux pearl.
 

1 comment:

mags said...

A lovely card Georgina. The stamp is gorgeous and love the colours and layout.
Mags
x