Saturday 8 May 2010

Clare's weekly challenge



This morning I went to a local DoCrafts demonstration. I just couldn't resist their new goody bag. It was full of new DoCrafts papers, gems, stencil, pens and flowers. These are mostly from their new Henbury Lane range. The colours and designs are just my type of thing - flowery, pink, purples.

I used the goody bag to make my card for Clare's weekly challenge on the DoCrafts website, www.docrafts.co.uk. This week it was sketch challenge.

I started by stamping the rose onto watercolour paper. I used a VersaFine ink pad. I used watercolour pencil to colour it in. I cut the image out and mounted it on gold paper. I stamped some of the leaves again and attached them over the edge. I used a gold peel-off for the greeting.



I cut another gold panel and mounted a piece of Henbury Lane rose paper onto it. For the large pink background panel I stamped the rose stamp again with a clear VersaMark ink pad. I used white embossing power to heat emboss the rose image.

I layered up the card as per the challenge sketch. The pink strips are ribbon. To finish I attached the bow with PVA glue.

3 comments:

Lizzy said...

Beautiful card ~ luv the image and you coloured it so beautifully ~ fab layout too xx Lizzy xx :)

coops said...

gorgoeus card, the image is really beautiful and i love your soft colours and layout.luv coops.xx

Cherie said...

Such a pretty card, love the water colour effect.
Love Cherie