Tuesday 11 May 2010

The Harbour



This is a card I've made for a friends birthday. Male card can be so tricky but this set of stamps by Hobby Art are ideal.

As usual I used a square card blank. I cut a square of smooth white card which I used to stamp on. I started by stamping the stone wall, followed by the boat, waves post and the the bird. I used Memento ink pad as I'm planning to colour in the image with ProMarkers.



I then stamped the first row of houses. I stamped all the houses again on Post-it-notes. I cut these houses out and used the shapes to mask off the first row of houses so I could stamp the smaller row of houses behind.



I coloured in the completed image with ProMarkers. I mounted the image onto black, krafts and brown card. To finish I added a birthday greeting.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous and thanks for showing us how you did it x Leigh x

coops said...

fantastic card, love the scene you have created.thanks for showing us how you did it too.luv coops.xx

Louise said...

Fab card we have these stamps in shop but I have not seen them used, you have done a fab job and perfect for a man card.
louise xx