Sunday 23 May 2010

Sprinkles on a Cloud



This is my card for this weeks Passion for ProMarker challenge, http://promarkerchallenge.blogspot.com/ and Pink Gem challenge - Design Team Call, http://pinkgem-janet.blogspot.com/

Whilst looking through the Pink Gem website for an image I found Sprinkles On Cloud. It was such a cute image and it would also be ideal for this weeks ProMarker challenge too, as the theme was ‘fantasy/mythology'. The theme of the Pink Gem challenge was to use the colour combo of Pink, Green & Burgundy.



The image was a digi image which I downloaded from the Pink Gem website. I printed her out and she was coloured in with ProMarkers. I added Stickles to the stars and crown. I also printed out some additional stars with I added to the image. This complete image was mounted on dark green card.



I cut a large square of burgundy card for the main background panel. Onto this I attached a piece of pink pattern paper from DoCrafts Blueberry Hill range. The edge was punched using a Martha Stewart scallop 3-dot punch. I threaded cream ribbon through the holes and attached a small bow with PVA glue. The circle greeting is by Craftwork Cards.

I layered up the card with a strip of spotty paper by My Minds Eye. Onto this I attached a piece of burgundy ribbon.



To finish I added some flowers. The large flower is a white Prima coloured with was coloured with pink mica spritzer. The smaller flowers were cut with my Cricut. I used white paper for these and coloured them with ProMarkers so they matched the image. These were all attached to the card with brads.

9 comments:

Tracy said...

Gorgeous card Georgina, beautifully coloured.
Thanks for joining us at PFP this week, good luck.
Hugs Tracy x

coops said...

wow gorgeous card georgina, love this image and your colours are great.love your layout and fab flowers.luv coops.xx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Georgina, what a pretty card. Love the cute image and the colour scheme is perfect. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Mandy said...

Beautiful card...love the border with the ribbon..Great colouring as well...Thank you for joining in with us at A Gem of a Challenge and good luck with the GDT...
Mandy xx

Emma said...

A such a sweet card, the image is adorable and such gorgeous colours.
Thanks for joining us at PFP and good luck.
Hugs Emma x

Pop's Cards said...

I love the cutie image, thank you for joining us with our colour challenge at A gem of a challenge big hugs pops x x x Good luck with the DT call too x

Christine said...

Hi stunning creation gorgeous image & colours great take on the chall thanks for sharing & joining uus at A Gem of a chall.

Hugs Christine xx

debby4000 said...

Adorable card, sweet image and colours.
luv
Debby

Janet said...

A gorgeous card! x