Tuesday 4 May 2010

Lili of the Valley challenge card



This is my card for this fortnight Lili of the Valley challenge blog, http://liliofthevalleythursdaychallenge.blogspot.com/

The theme of this fortnight challenge is 'Here comes summer'. I chose to use LOTV 'Bear with bouquet' stamp as flowers as so iconic of summer. I chose a colour scheme of pink, green and brown.

I stamped the image using Memento ink pad. He was coloured in using ProMarkers. To add highlight to the flowers I coloured with centre with gold Sakura pens.



I used Nestabilities to cut of the image and the frame. I stamped the top part of the stamp again and coloured in some of the flowers, the tag, his arm and envelope. I cut these out and attached them to the image using 1mm foam pads. I used peel-off letters to add Nan to the card.



Onto a large background brown square of card I attached a pink spotty paper from the Laura Ashley range. I cut a strip of the brown card and punched the edge using a Martha Stewart flower edge punch. I attached this to the card and an another strip of patterned paper. The paper was by Laura Ashley again so goes excellently with the spotty background. I attached cream ribbon and a bow to the edge of the card. On the ribbon a threaded a greeting tag.



The card was finished with a paper flowers. The flower had been coloured with gold mica spritzer. It was attached to the card with a green jem brad.

4 comments:

Lizzy said...

WOW this is stunning! fab colour combo & your colouring is fab too ~ Luv the layout & the idea with the flowers is ace ~ Good luck! xx Lizzy xx

coops said...

wow this is gorgeous.love your fab image and your colouring is fantastic,great layout and embellies.luv coops.xx

Pop's Cards said...

Love the image that you have chosen for this, fab colours too, thanks for joining us at LOTV this time big hugs pops x x x

XxJULESxX said...

just gorgeous!!!!flowers look lovely!my fav thing!