Tuesday, 4 May 2010

Lili of the Valley challenge card



This is my card for this fortnight Lili of the Valley challenge blog, http://liliofthevalleythursdaychallenge.blogspot.com/

The theme of this fortnight challenge is 'Here comes summer'. I chose to use LOTV 'Bear with bouquet' stamp as flowers as so iconic of summer. I chose a colour scheme of pink, green and brown.

I stamped the image using Memento ink pad. He was coloured in using ProMarkers. To add highlight to the flowers I coloured with centre with gold Sakura pens.



I used Nestabilities to cut of the image and the frame. I stamped the top part of the stamp again and coloured in some of the flowers, the tag, his arm and envelope. I cut these out and attached them to the image using 1mm foam pads. I used peel-off letters to add Nan to the card.



Onto a large background brown square of card I attached a pink spotty paper from the Laura Ashley range. I cut a strip of the brown card and punched the edge using a Martha Stewart flower edge punch. I attached this to the card and an another strip of patterned paper. The paper was by Laura Ashley again so goes excellently with the spotty background. I attached cream ribbon and a bow to the edge of the card. On the ribbon a threaded a greeting tag.



The card was finished with a paper flowers. The flower had been coloured with gold mica spritzer. It was attached to the card with a green jem brad.

5 comments:

Lizzy xx said...

WOW this is stunning! fab colour combo & your colouring is fab too ~ Luv the layout & the idea with the flowers is ace ~ Good luck! xx Lizzy xx

coops said...

wow this is gorgeous.love your fab image and your colouring is fantastic,great layout and embellies.luv coops.xx

Pops x said...

Love the image that you have chosen for this, fab colours too, thanks for joining us at LOTV this time big hugs pops x x x

jules said...

just gorgeous!!!!flowers look lovely!my fav thing!

Bev said...

Fabulous card, love the design and sweet image. Thanks for joining LOTV this week x